Change comes from within.
And the only way you are allowed to go inside yourself is if you can observe objectively from the outside.
I’m seeing this first-hand right now.
There are some changes taking place, and although its impossible to tell exactly where they will lead (its too early for that), at least I understand that this November is a time for growth.
No Hangovers. This one was the easiest to accomplish, and it also has yielded the least results. My introverted nature makes being around people an effort. Small talk is painful, and nothing makes skipping the small talk easier than a lot of booze.
I’ve been finding it more difficult to connect with girls in a super-fast manner and have been bored sometimes when out at night. This might change with more practice, but after one week of sober nights out, I’m starting to think that hard-drinking will always be a part of my life. That’s fine with me.
No Wasted Time. Goddamn, this has truly been an eye-opener and a life changer. I encourage everyone to really step back and observe their actions. Which ones are productive, and which ones accomplish nothing? Ask yourself that before everything you do.
I truly can’t believe how much time I was just burning up doing things compulsively: checking email, twitter, site stats, and forums…over and over again for no reason. Instead of sitting in front of a screen for hours at a time (unless I’m writing or doing something else work-related), my mind has been geared towards productivity.
- The Introduction to Camera Game book is complete and with an editor. My other book is ready to go (setting up a sales page is a bitch, but its happening now).
- Camera game has stepped up to another level for me and there are many interesting things developing (to be revealed soon).
- Books are being read, I plan on having three new reviews on the book page by the end of the month.
- Recipes are being experimented with and written about. Plan on one recipe per week for NoNothingNovember.
- Things are being organized. When my surroundings are put together perfectly, productivity soars. My apartment is a fucking sanctuary right now.
- New places are being explored. Last week I went to Times Square for the hell of it, this week, I am going to the Metropolitan Museum instead of dicking about on the computer. Culture motherfuckers, culture.
This has truly been and enlightening aspect of NoNothing, each man needs to step back every once in a while and check his most valuable and fleeting asset: TIME.
Use it to become stronger, wiser, and healthier. We have the ability to become gods, do not atrophy into something weak by squandering minutes away doing nothing (or, even worse, watching TV or arguing with morons on the internet).
No Jerking Off and No Skipping the Gym have both become givens with the champion goal mentioned above. If you have never tried the Military Press, I want you to read up on the proper form and do it. Holy Fuck what an exercise.
No Frivolities. Another enlightening experiment. This past week, I did not eat out at all, made breakfast, lunch and dinner at home, limited myself to one beer per bar I was at, and did not make any new purchases.
I saved over $300.
This entire month I plan on living as frugally as possible and watching my savings grow. I’ll probably spend it all on another trip somewhere new, but that will be worth it.
It was time for a reflection: Autumn is a the perfect time to do so.
November is a month of serious change, its time to go inside and see what you are really made of.